Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ontario Provincials The Place To Be

Hello. Just got back from watching the Ontario Men's Curling Championships in Waterloo. Believe it or not, some guy named Howard (the defending world champion) won. Corner and Harris also scored victories.
I got a chance to tape myself interviewing Glenn, Peter and Mike after their games. It was good to catch up with them. Obviously all were in a good mood. They were very polite with me and were happy to give me their time.
I strongly urge you to go to the rink to see the action if you're in the area. While the weather today has been bad and is supposed to get worse, it's well worth the time. $8 for a ticket is not bad either considering there are 5 games on in the round robin.
Why is this event so sparsely attended? I'm not sure, but I suspect there is no buildup. No one besides a diehard fan follows the zones and regions leading up to the finals. And as the media relations person told me, the papers rarely post the standings.
And even for me, it seems almost inevitable Howard will win again. Of course the same was said for the New England Patriots.
All the best to all the competitors!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google