Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Best Yet To Come?

Hello. Like many, I saw Tiger destroy the Buick field on Sunday.
A pool on thegolfchannel.com asked if Tiger will have his career year in 2008. 85% said yes!
FYI his previous best was 2000, where he won 9 tournaments, including 3 majors.
To beat that, he'd have to win 3+ majors and 10+ tournaments.
I think he can do it. In fact I think he can pass Jack Nicklaus for career wins in 2008. Tiger has 62. Jack has 73.
I also think Tiger can break Byron Nelson's 11 wins in a row record.
I also think Tiger can break Nelson's 18 wins in a season.
And win the Grand Slam.
And win every tournament he goes in this year.
And set every record that goes with it, such as most money in a year, lowest stroke average, etc.
Unrealistic? I don't think so. Even 5 years ago I would've said preposterous. But that's where Tiger is right now.
Should be fun to watch.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google