Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm Totally Shocked!

Hello. What a shocker! Tiger Woods announced he wasn't coming to the Barclay's this week, siting fatigue. Who would've thought this was going to happen? I would say everyone except those who organized the Fedex Cup, that's who.
There is no way Tiger was going to play 4 weeks in a row, especially after the majors are over for the year. That's all Tiger plays for. I'm guessing last year he maybe only played 4 events after the PGA, and they were spread out over 2.5 months.
Do any top players play 4 events in a row anymore? Only the ones who are trying to keep their cards play that often. To expect them to do it for $10 million of deferred money is strange. Most don't care about that type of money, as hard as that is for us normal stiffs to believe.
What I would do for next year (if Fedex doesn't pull the plug), is have the top players get a bye to the Tour Championship, with some cash incentive tied to it. That would get players much more interested in doing well during the year.
I haven't been following the Fedex Cup points race this year. I don't think I'm alone. I'm pessimistic about its success. Time will tell.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google