Monday, July 16, 2007

King Valley a Royal Treat

Hello. On Saturday I was priviledged enough to play King Valley, home of the Clublink empire. Fortunately the rains held off from the 3rd hole to the finish.
It's definitely one of the best courses in Canada, deserving of its #28 ranking on ScoreGolf's 2006 Top 100 Courses in Canada. All I can say is we live in a great golf country if there are 27 better golf destinations than King Valley.
The 9th hole is one of the prettiest holes you'll ever play. The photos and art work I'd seen prior to playing it don't do it justice. And it sums up what King Valley is all about - tough, beautiful and unforgetable.
My playing companions, Patrick, Travis and Rob made it a very enjoyable round. I benefitted greatly from their course knowledge. Patrick and I watched Travis and Rob have a friendly battle to the death in a coffee skins game (Travis ended up with a free one Sunday). We had many laughs along the way, and saw a few birdies mixed in with the usual disasters, which was nice.
Thanks again to everyone for making my day at King Valeey a fabulous experience.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google