Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Favourite Tournament II

Hello. I'm going to miss the 2nd round of the Grand Slam of Golf, unfortunately. My curling team plays shortly.
Furyk is going to be hard to beat, unless Tiger or Geoff Ogilvy goes real low. If Furyk plays like Tuesday, it will take a 63 to beat him.
Mike Weir looks so out of place in this group. His long game is embarassing compared to Ogilvy and Woods. He's not as consistent as Furyk. And his short game is now only fair. He misses too many putts that are in the 6-8 foot range, which is ironic considering he made a "career changing putt" of that length on the 72nd hole of the 2003 Masters to force a playoff he eventually won.
I've found Weir seems to looked tired at the end of his rounds. His scores seem to support it. His bogeys tend to come late, and his Sunday scores are very high. I wonder if he could be training too much. Maybe he should gear back during tournament days.
Will we see these 3 battling each other in 2007? I think so. Furyk and Woods are so consistent, and Ogilvy has to feel confident since he won the US Open. I hope there are a "Big 3" this coming season, because it would make things very interesting.
Enjoy Hawaii! Aloha!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google