Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Favourite Tournament

Hello. Just watching the PGA Grand Slam of Golf, my favourite tournament. It's held at Poipu Bay Resort, a course my wife and I played twice on our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. In fact we played it the day after Tiger Woods won his first Masters. Everyone there was excited because he qualified for his first Grand Slam.
The TV pictures, as nice as they are, don't do it justice. What a lovely part of the world it is. We'll definitely have to go back.
Woods is back trying to win his 7th Grand Slam title. Jim Furyk and Mike Weir are both back for the 2nd time on exemptions. Geoff Ogilvy is playing for the first time.
Phil Mickelson, where are you? How can you pass up this tourney, where you shot a 59? You play two rounds, stay at a fabulous resort (we could only afford dinner one night), and make at worst $150,000 even if you finish last? My kind of tourney!
It just shows how greatWoods is, that he can come to this event all these years. After having a so-so first round look for him to come out hot Wednesday.
However, keep an eye out for Furyk. He has a home in Hawaii, has won many tournaments in the islands, and is at -5. He won his only other time here, and missed quite a few putts. He could be due.
Good luck guys! I wish I was there with you.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google