Tuesday, August 15, 2006

PGA Championship Preview

Hello. Who do I like at the PGA this week? How about Tiger Woods? He's won his last 2 tournaments, 4 for the year, and won the PGA at Medinah in 1999. The course is over 7,500 yards, the longest ever, which also plays into his hands.
Who else will contend? I don't know either.
You really have to question which Americans will step up this week. Some definitely will in a bid to get on the Ryder Cup team. However, I'm not sure who they will be. There don't seem to be a lot of players ready to step up, as George White mentions in thegolfchannel.com.
Actually there is one other American who can contend - Jim Furyk. I don't think he can hit the ball far enough to push Tiger, but the rest of his game, physically and mentally, is right there. And Phil Mickelson can do a lot for his career if he comes through here.
As for non-Americans, I have to look at the Australians. It's been their year this year. I expect at least 3 of them to be in the top-10. Who they will be I have no idea. What a nice situation for them to be in. Canada and the US should be looking at their program thoroughly to see what they're doing.
My condolenses to Darren Clarke for the passing of his wife after a long battle with cancer. All the best in your grieving period.
It should be another exciting major. Let the golf begin!

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google