Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ice, Strategy Making Brier Unpredictable

Hello. The ice at the Brier seems to be breaking down during games. As a result, teams seem to be able to steal easier than scoring with hammer. In other words, they are playing like I do! However, for many of them it's a strategy change, which they're having trouble adjusting to. Here are my Good, Bad and Ugly for the Brier:

The Good
1. Manitoba - One short draw away from being perfect. My pick to win right now
2. Ontario - Not hitting all cylinders right now. Blowing big leads. Could be trouble
3. Territories - What can I say? A remarkable performance. Hope they make playoffs
4. Alberta - John Morris playing great, but strategy calls are bothering me
5. Saskatchewan - Same as Alberta.

The Bad
1. BC - A mystery they're at 3-2. Looked brutal every time I've seen them
2. Newfoundland/Labrador - Not showing any Olympic form yet. Maybe win vs Sask will help
3. Quebec - Couldn't adapt to ice last night. They need me as a coach
4. Nova Scotia - Brier inexperience showing
5. Northern Ontario - Big win vs Alberta but incosistent otherwise

The Ugly
1. PEI - Combining two teams into one hasn't helped. They have to travel more or something
2. New Brunswick - Both men's and ladies teams have fallen big time.

Regards,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google